Dinner Party Snacks: Prosciutto, Basil and Parmesan Puff Pastry Twists
These puff pastry twists are great for dinner parties – on their own or as an accompaniament to dips such as spicy tomato or baba ganoush.
They take no time to make – you can use gluten-free puff pastry as well, but will disappear just as quickly so make at least a couple of batches.
And kids love them too!
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4-6 slices of thinly sliced prosciutto (depending on size)
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil //or dried basil
- grated parmesan cheese
- Favourite dips
- Sprinkle puff pastry sheet with basil. Layer proscuitto over the pastry, pressing down so that it sticks. Grate over some parmesan cheese.Cut pastry into 4 squares, then each square into 4 strips. Cut a 3cm long slit along the middle of each strip. Lift gently and thread the top of the pastry through the slit, then pull out toward the top to make each twist.
- Place twists on a baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for about 7 minutes, or until risen and turning golden. Watch the time as they can overcook and burn quickly.
- Allow to cool and serve with favourite dips.