Eventhough we’ve had an extra day of Summer this year, 2012 being a leap year and all, the weather hasn’t been very kind to us. It’s been rainy and sometimes outright cold… until about last week when it finally warmed up for a day and started to pour again.
Nevertheless, the little rays of sunshine we were blessed with yesterday and a few more peeking through the clouds today have reminded me to make the most of the season’s mangoes. Considering our pot luck with the weather, and the inevitable end to the plentiful supply of ripe, juicy mangoes as the seasons change, mango and yoghurt ice pops sounded like the right idea.
Healthier than their ice cream counterparts they are low in fat and have no added sugar. To spice them up a little, I have added some coconut milk and ground cinnamon.
- 2 cups Greek style natural yoghurt
- 2 large ripe mangoes, flesh only
- 1 small can (165ml) coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Pour into your ice pop moulds, stick a paddle pop stick in and freeze for at least 3 hours, or until set.