Meatless Monday: Fried Egg, Chilli and Tomato Spaghetti
Fried Egg, Chilli and Tomato Spaghetti is simple fare but equally as delightful.
We’ve been truly blessed with the weather in Sydney this past week. Thursday was the fourth warmest day this calendar year, and considering that January and February are our Summer months, that’s something.
Nevertheless, the nights are getting colder now and with that come cravings for comfort food. While roasts and slow-cooked stews fall under that category, we don’t always have time to make such elaborate meals, so a quick spaghetti with a hint of chilli is a great way to warm up after the sun has gone down.
And considering we had churrasco for lunch yesterday, this simple vegetarian meal was also a welcome break from all the meat.
- 120g (dry) spaghetti pasta
- 2 eggs
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-2 tsp hot chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp oil
- salad greens
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions (3-8 minutes depending on the type you use).
- Heat oil in a medium fry pan over high heat.
- Crack in eggs, lower heat to medium and fry, sunny side up until the whites are set.
- Remove from pan and slice into strips.
- Return pan to heat and add cherry tomatoes, then using a pair of tongs, trasfer cooked pasta into the pan, add chilli flakes and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add shredded eggs and mix.
- Serve with some shaved parmesan and a side of salad greens if you wish.