A delicious hommus dip that’s zingy and fresh with Thai-inspired flavours of lime, chilli and coriander.
It’s no secret that I’m somewhat addicted to the flavourful combination of chilli and lime. And to be honest, why wouldn’t I be? It’s perfect.
So when I came across a Thai Chilli and Lime Hommus at Orange Grove markets, I bought a couple of tubs, and within a couple of days they were both gone. Scraping the last bits out of the tub was extremely frustrating. In need of a further dip fix, I rummaged through the pantry and found a can of chickpeas. Great! Now I could make my own, and it only took minutes.
Unlike traditional hommus, this version is zingy and fresh, bursting with the citrusy flavours of lime juice and freshly chopped coriander.
Thai Chilli and Lime Hommus
For the Hommus:
- 440 g (1 can) chickpeas liquid reserved
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander chopped finely
- 1 red long chilli de-seeded and chopped finely
To make the Chilli and Lime Hommus:
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and process with a stick blender until all chickpeas have been pureed.
- Add reserved chickpea liquid to the dip for a more runny consistency.
- Serve with crackers or vegetable sticks.