Thai Chilli and Lime Hommus
A delicious hommus dip that’s zingy and fresh with Thai-inspired flavours of lime, chilli and coriander.
It’s no secret that I’m somewhat addicted to the flavourful combination of chilli and lime. And to be honest, why wouldn’t I be? It’s perfect.
So when I came across a Thai Chilli and Lime Hommus at Orange Grove markets, I bought a couple of tubs, and within a couple of days they were both gone. Scraping the last bits out of the tub was extremely frustrating. In need of a further dip fix, I rummaged through the pantry and found a can of chickpeas. Great! Now I could make my own, and it only took minutes.
Unlike traditional hommus, this version is zingy and fresh, bursting with the citrusy flavours of lime juice and freshly chopped coriander.
- 1 (440g) can chickpeas, liquid reserved
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp peanut oil
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, chopped finely
- 1 red long chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and process with a stick blender until all chickpeas have been pureed.
- Add reserved chickpea liquid to the dip for a more runny consistency.
- Serve with crackers or vegetable sticks.