Guest Post: Sicknote from Home

Pin on Pinterest Share on Facebook0 Tweet about this on Twitter0 Google+ Email to someone

Sick note from home

1300-pizza, chinese take-away, food from the local pub (which in our case is the Woolwich Pier Hotel so it is quite exceptional and Marty always comments on the fact that the kids’ menu has items other than chips and nuggets). Lastly, where one has to cater for children, I suggest cooking what I did: Sizzler.

Despite feeling unwell last night, and after a 28.5km one-way trek to one of only 3 Sizzlers in Sydney, Marty still managed to remind everyone to order their salad bar and eat their three serves of veg and two serves of fruit. She keeps us in check you see. So we ate our veg, drove her home and then I drafted this note.

Not sure that this post will win Marty many food blogger awards, but just wanted to let you know she’s taking a forced break for a couple of days and I’m sure will be fine to return to cooking, shooting and blogging about fantastic healthy food later this week, which by that stage we will undoubtedly be craving!

Mr C. aka Matt

Comments:

18 Responses to Guest Post: Sicknote from Home

1. Eha says:

Martyna dearHeart – now will you please stay in bed as long as it is necessary! We are not about to run away! OK? Plenty of cool water inside and out, phone off the hook and door closed. Mr C will cope just fine: he writes fine too 🙂 ! Am sending lots of energy vibes up your way . . . .

2. Get better Martyna, I know how you feel having just gotten over the flu myself. I look forward to many tasty delights when you are up and able.

3. Sarah Hughes says:

Hope you get better soon Martyna. Love your recipe ideas and we will wait eagerly till you get better 🙂

Sarah

4. Miss Piggy says:

Oooo Sizzler – I’d happily come live in your house Mr C. Hope Marty gets better ASAP!

5. This is exactly what my fiance would write! How funny! I hope you feel better soon Martyna

6. Martyna, from one sick bed to another, get well soon! xox

Oh, no! Feel better, Martyna!!

8. Julie says:

Happy get well thoughts from minnesota and a wish for the flu to fly out your door

9. Vivien Au says:

Love your work, Mr. C!! Especially when it comes to putting the foot down make sure she is away from that computer screen and the kitchen!

(I did notice she still managed to sneak in some baking time over the weekend ;P)

Glad you are feeling better, Marty!!

Should get back to my serious study…damn exams!!! ARGH!!!

10. Sorry I haven’t been able to come here sooner. Martyna, how are you feeling now? I hope you are getting better. Thinking of you. Hugs!

1. Pingback: Beef Bourguignon « Wholesome Cook