5 Ingredients: Roasted Avocado Guacamole
A delicious chunky Roasted Avocado Guacamole from scratch made with only 5 ingredients and a few minutes of your time. Probably the most famous Mexican dish.
When I order avocado on my burger or toasted sandwich I want to see chunks of the real thing, not green slime the consistency of sour cream, wouldn’t you agree?
Guacamole is one of my favourite dips, but so often the store bought versions disappoint. They contain very little of the fruit and plenty of fillers: cream cheese, cream, milk powders… Yuck!
So today, in a true Wholesome Cook spirit I’m saying no to store-bought dips (I’m sure there is an exception, but I am yet to find it), and making my own chunky guacamole from scratch. It’s roasted for extra fun and toasted flavour but if you’re stuck for time you can simply omit the 10 minute roasting step.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ red long chilli (seeds removed if you prefer), chopped finely
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander [cilantro]
- 5 mini cocktail onions, chopped finely
- juice of ½ lime
- Preheat your oven grill to high (about 200C, 400F).
- Cut avocado in half and remove seed. Place halves, skin side down, on a roasting tray and grill for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Scoop roasted avocado into a bowl.
- Add lime juice, chopped chilli, coriander and onions.
- Mash around well using a spoon or mortar and pestle.
- Serve Roasted Avocado Guacamole with a side of corn chips, slices of fresh baguette.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days and use on burgers and sandwiches.