Allergy-friendly Asian inspired Complete meals Dairy free Dinner Egg free Family meals Fish Lunch Quick and easy Recipes Salad

Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad

An almost-instant salad made with the goodness and convenience of hot-smoked salmon portions and quick-cook organic soba (buckwheat) noodles.

Smoked Salmon Soba Noodle Salad

I don’t know about you, but for me sometimes the simplest of dishes make for the most enjoyable meals. This Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad is no exception…

It might not look like much, but if you like Asian-inspired flavours, you will most likely fall in love this salad at first bite… And, if like Mr Chipconnoisseur you are not that into salmon; barbecue chicken, roasted duck, seared or even canned tuna would work as well.

Smoked Salmon Soba Noodle Salad

Now, because it uses the convenience of hot-smoked salmon portions, it can be made literally in less then 10 minutes and is a great way to get some good fats into your diet. Personally, it’s one of my favourite lunches to have when I’m busy working in the kitchen, because it requires very little effort and space, yet tastes fantastic… It has that salty-sweet flavour combination that I find so highly addictive.

So, tell me, what healthy convenience foods can’t you live without?

Smoked Salmon Soba Noodle Salad

Smoked Salmon Soba Noodle Salad
Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad
This simple, slightly Asian in flavour salad is easy to prepare for a quick mid-week dinner, and keeps just as well for lunch the next day. While soba noodles are made from buckwheat they also contain wheat flour and are therefore not gluten-free. For a gluten-free version, use rice noodles and tamari (instead of soy sauce).
    Servings
      • 1/4 avocado peeled and cubed
      • 100 g portion hot-smoked salmon shredded
      • 1 tbsp soy sauce
      • 1 tsp sesame seeds
      Servings: -2
      To make the Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad:
      1. Cook soba noodles in boiling water according to packet instructions, generally about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running water.
      2. Drizzle sesame oil over the noodles and toss to prevent them from sticking.
      3. Place half the soba noodles on a platter. Top with half the cucumber, avocado and hot-smoked salmon pieces.
      4. Top with remaining noodles and arrange leftover cucumber, avocado and salmon.
      1. Drizzle the salad with soy sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Subscribe to receive Recipes to your Inbox:

Anne S August 30, 2012 at 10:02 am

So quick and yummy! Love soba noodles!

Iron Chef Shellie August 30, 2012 at 10:09 am

LOVE soba noodles, and love the idea of making it with hot smoked salmon. I forsee this in my nea future 😀

Minxie August 30, 2012 at 10:14 am

Your recipes are always so simple and look delish… I’m a huge fan, keep up the good work. Salmon and avocado – perfect mix.

TasteFood August 30, 2012 at 10:23 am

I love dishes like this. I wish I could eat this right now.

john@heneedsfood August 30, 2012 at 9:39 pm

What a beautifully light meal, and another excuse for me to hot smoke some fish!

Miss Piggy August 31, 2012 at 11:04 am

I actually make a version of this dish myself (about the only meal I’ve ever “made up” on my own. It’s so tasty & so easy!

Maria @ Feisty Tapas September 1, 2012 at 12:24 am

I saw the photo of this on Instagram and I just had to come over! And I see you have a Thermomix too? I just bough one!

Amanda@chewtown September 1, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Soba noodles and Salmon are a favourite combination of mine! Thanks so much for sharing this… I’ll need to try it soon.

rsmacaalay September 2, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Very nice light noodle dish, Love it

Anna @ The Littlest Anchovy September 3, 2012 at 9:57 am

I love soba noodles! This recipe is getting printed out as I type this. I can see healthy, flavoursome lunches in my future!

John September 3, 2012 at 11:42 pm

The noodle salad looks absolutely tempting and delicious.
      Nice share. The dish looks vibrant and healthy too!!:)

Purely.. Kay September 6, 2012 at 4:21 am

I am such a salmon lover.. and this recipe is absolutely wonderful. I can’t wait to make it and I can’t wait to feature it on my blog on Saturday :). Love this

Martyna @ Wholesome Cook September 6, 2012 at 10:21 am

Oh thank you Kay! 🙂 Enjoy!

Sarah September 14, 2012 at 3:18 am

I love how simple this recipe is! Looks fantastic. We linked to it from a slideshow on Yahoo! Shine: http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/10-gluten-free-recipes-fall-slideshow/

Caroline January 3, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I’ve made this several times and am making it again tonight. It’s soooo good and simple. Thank you!

Lox it or Leave it : MOONCHEEZ February 10, 2013 at 11:38 am

[…] Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad from Wholesome Cook – I made this one (see below) really quickly the other night and I can […]

Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad - Daily Cup of Asheejojo July 17, 2014 at 12:01 am

[…] Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad Adapted from Wholesome Cook INGREDIENTS: 3 cups cooked soba noodles 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil 1 Tbsp. soy sauce 1 Tbsp. sesame […]