Grain and Gluten-free Bread | Guest Post by Sherilyn Palmer from Whole Promise
Today, as you’re reading this post, Mr Chipconnoisseur and I are driving down the I-5 on the West Coast of the United States headed down to San Diego. While I take this week off, I wanted to introduce you to Sherilyn, whose blog, Wholepromise I’ve been following for over a year now.
Sherilyn Palmer is a Fertility Nurse/ Midwife, Certified Health Counsellor and Natural Fertility Educator specialising in PCOS health and well-being and fertility awareness education. Her blog showcases a collection of wholesome recipes created with a women’s health and well-being in mind. It is also a medium for her keen interest in food styling and photography and is really worth a paying a visit if you are into delicious, healthy recipes.
What Sherilyn says about this Bread:
This bread has a delicate sweetness thanks to the almond meal and is fantastic toasted as it gets nice and crunchy. It will store well in the fridge for up to five days and is as versatile as any wheat based bread. My favourite topping is with avocado and sundried tomatoes roughly chopped or when I want to keep it simple a dollop of organic butter is superb especially when fresh out of the oven…
Sounds fabulous Sherilyn, I cannot wait to make this when we get back! Thank you for sharing your beautiful recipe and photography with my readers.
- 1½ cups almond meal
- ¾ cups arrowroot flour
- ¼ cup hemp seeds + 1 tbsp (or 1 tbsp pumpkin ground seeds also works well)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ cup parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 5 (free-range or organic) eggs
- 1½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Place the almond flour, arrowroot flour, ¼ cup hemp seeds, sea salt, baking soda, fennel seeds and cheese in a medium size bowl and mix together breaking up any lumps as you go.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the egg mix to the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the mix into the prepared tin and sprinkle the top with the additional tablespoon of hemp (or ground pumpkin) seeds.
- Bake for 30 - 35 mins or until a skewer when inserted comes out clean.