This easy Healthy Homemade Granola recipe is low in sugar and filled with wholesome goodness. Nuts, seeds, and other crunchy bits to make for the most satisfying breakfast, or snack! It’s also vegan and gluten-free.
I had this fantastic idea to make super crunchy and out of this world good for you Florentines. Instead they turned out to be a super crunchy and out of this world good for you Granola! So here I am sharing the tips and the recipe.
How to make Healthy Homemade Granola
The best part about making your own granola is the fact that you can customise it. Add what you like, skip the ingredients you don’t.
The following Healthy Homemade Granola recipe is packed with all sorts of natural and wholesome ingredients. Almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, macadamias, pistachios and chia seeds.
Sweeten the recipe a touch with a little rice malt syrup (or honey). Thrown in a few organic sultanas for good measure. If you like crispy rice cereal, add some for an extra crunch. It can be gluten-free and vegan if you so wish. You call the shots.
RELATED: Teff Porridge Bowl Two Ways
And so, at 4:10pm I sat at my desk with a bowl of the crunchiest, most satisfying, no added sugar bowl of Granola I’ve had in… well, probably ever. I am glad the Florentines didn’t work out, because breakfast for the rest of the week has been that much better!
Oh, and then I had another thought! Since I am trying to plan a wedding, this would make a perfect gift for the guests to take home. Don’t you think?
So tell me, do you have days when you crave breakfast foods as a snack? Do you find more comfort in cereal or cooked breakfast foods?
Healthy Homemade Granola
For the Healthy Homemade Granola - Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups rice krispies (Freedom Foods or Nature's Path Brown Crispy Rice)
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/8 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup shredded organic coconut
- 1/4 cup macadamias
- 1/4 cup organic sultanas or raisins
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Healthy Homemade Granola - Wet Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
To make the Healthy Homemade Granola:
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a mesuring jug, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and mix well.
- Turn the granola out onto the paper-lined baking sheet and spread evenly around.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the granola has turned golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store granola in an airtight container in the fridge pantry for 2-3 weeks.