Hello, my name is Martyna. I’m a Polish-born Australian and I love food. Wholesome Cook is a portfolio of sorts for my recipe development and testing business and a place where I explore natural and mostly additive-free, sometimes vegan and often allergy-friendly recipe ideas that come to mind.
I am based in Sydney, Australia but often venture out into the world of culinary delights in our own backyard, and abroad.
When it comes to photography and food styling, they became my second passion by default. To me, a cookbook without relevant emotive food photography is just a collection of notes that can never truly ‘speak’ to my desire to cook good food, because food is a sensory experience. It’s impossible to convey many of the wonderful aromas of cooking on paper so photography tends to be an important aspect of what I do.
Featured, mentioned and published
In February 2013 I published my second e-cookbook, Guilt-Free Desserts - featuring 36 vegan, gluten-free and processed sugar-free recipes PLUS extensive guides to gluten-free flours, sugar and sugar substitutes! This is following on from my first e-cookbook, My Whole Food Philosophy – How to make the change from junk food to whole food without giving up your favourites. You can read more about it here or buy it now here. Also available on Amazon and iTunes.
- To view a full list of Wholesome Cook’s media mentions and features go to the In the Media section.
Offering recipe development, food styling and photography services
- Click here for more information on Wholesome Cook’s range of food-related services.
- Click here to find out more
25 other things about Wholesome Cook and I
- Food is my passion. I wake up thinking about food. I cook it. I eat it. Then at night I even dream of it!
- This is my first attempt at a blog, although I have been toying with the idea of one for some time…
- I used to have a cat when I was younger and she loved pizza.
- The aim of Wholesome Cook is to create a point of reference for healthy, nutritious and easy to prepare meals, without breaking the bank or over-complicating things. Think of it as an anti-revolution to the world of highly processed, fast-food and pre-packaged meals.
- Most of the inspiration and recipes on this site comes from my Mum, who taught me how to balance flavours, experiment with ingredients and explore different cuisines.
- I enjoy research: majority of my books and magazines are about food.
- I cringe at food additives.
- I’ve never been good at those “Tell us in 25 words or less” competitions.
- Last supper meal for me would be, gosh there are so many… Sourdough sandwich with Gruyère, mushrooms and seeded mustard, buttered on the outside, toasted.
- I am currently in love with… China!
- I cannot live without my Mundial knives.
- Favourite food-related quote: “If we’re not willing to settle for junk living, we certainly shouldn’t settle for junk food.” ~Sally Edwards
I do not own a DSLR.Up until mid Jan 2012 I didn’t own one (used a Panasonic Lumix LX-5) now I do have a Canon 550D.
- I’d like to learn more about Asian cuisine flavours, cooking techniques, the lot.
- This may come as a surprise, but I’m not a big fan of chocolate ice-cream.
- This may also come as a surprise, but I am an occasional fan of hot potato chips.
- I enjoy eating out at quality eateries and restaurants, then use the inspiration to create [or try to recreate] yummy dishes for home use.
- Coffee. I’m addicted.
- Foie gras, not so much. I once watched a show about the making of it, and I still have certain images in my head that preclude me from thoroughly appreciating it.
- My harshest and best food critics are Mr Chipconnoisseur and his two gorgeous kiddiewinks.
- I love growers’ markets and fresh food festivals.
- Caterpillars love my herbs.
- I’ll have a slice of warm sourdough over a glass of champagne any day.
- I’m not a nutritionist or a dietician, just a traditional common-sense, fresh food cook.
- Have I mentioned that I wake up thinking about food? I cook it. I eat it. Then at night I even dream of it?
I hope you come back to look for inspiration from time to time. Now, browse a little, stay a while and enjoy.
Contact and Feedback
Questions, suggestions or just a good old hello from a fellow foodie? I’d love to hear from you.
Facebook: Wholesome Cook Page
Pinterest: Wholesome Cook’s Boards
Get FREE Recipes via Email: Subscribe me!