Author: Martyna | Wholesome Cook
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
This easy Healthy Homemade Granola recipe is low in sugar and filled with wholesome goodness of nuts, seeds, and other crunchy bits to make for the most satisfying breakfast, or snack! It's also vegan and gluten-free, just in case you were wondering. Omit rice malt syrup altogether if you wish,
For the Healthy Homemade Granola - Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups rice krispies [ I used Nature's Path brown Crispy Rice ]
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/8 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup shredded organic coconut
- 1/4 cup macadamias
- 1/4 cup organic sultanas or raisins
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Healthy Homemade Granola - Wet Ingredients:
Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced, 375F, gas mark 5).
Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
To make the Healthy Homemade Granola:
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a mesuring jug, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and mix well.
- Turn the granola out onto the paper-lined baking sheet and spread evenly around.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the granola has turned golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store granola in an airtight container in the fridge pantry for 2-3 weeks.
Enjoy on its own as a healthy snack, or serve with your choice of milk or yoghurt.
Recipe by Wholesome Cook at http://wholesome-cook.com/2013/01/15/healthy-homemade-granola/