Allergy-friendly Asian inspired Dairy free Entertaining Gluten free Morning / Afternoon tea Quick and easy Recipes Vegan Vegetarian

Thai Chilli and Lime Hommus

A delicious hommus dip that’s zingy and fresh with Thai-inspired flavours of lime, chilli and coriander.

It’s no secret that I’m somewhat addicted to the flavourful combination of chilli and lime. And to be honest, why wouldn’t I be? It’s perfect.

So when I came across a Thai Chilli and Lime Hommus at Orange Grove markets, I bought a couple of tubs, and within a couple of days they were both gone. Scraping the last bits out of the tub was extremely frustrating. In need of a further dip fix, I rummaged through the pantry and found a can of chickpeas. Great! Now I could make my own, and it only took minutes.

Unlike traditional hommus, this version is zingy and fresh, bursting with the citrusy flavours of lime juice and freshly chopped coriander.

Thai Chilli and Lime Hommus
I like a little spice so I added extra chilli powder to the mix, but if you have more sensistive taste buds, just stick with deseeded red long chilli. It will be just right.
    Servings
      • 4 tbsp peanut oil
      • 1/2 cup lime juice
      • 2 sprigs fresh coriander chopped finely
      • 1 red long chilli de-seeded and chopped finely
      Servings: -4
      To make the Chilli and Lime Hommus:
      1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and process with a stick blender until all chickpeas have been pureed.
      2. Add reserved chickpea liquid to the dip for a more runny consistency.
      1. Serve with crackers or vegetable sticks.
      Recipe Notes

To store: place in the fridge in an airtight container, store for upto 4 days.

Susan Y May 18, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Yum!

Anne S May 18, 2012 at 12:45 pm

These are my favourite flavours too, but I me er thought of adding them to hummus. Love it!

thelifeshemade May 18, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Love this idea!

Anna @ The Littlest Anchovy May 18, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I love the twist on this classic!

Eha May 18, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Well may you scorn – I use hommus regularly instead of butter, margarine [ugh!] or any other spread [well, I do love plain avocado!]. This one I really like and will really try 🙂 ! Thanks!

Martyna @ Wholesome Cook May 18, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I think that’s a fabulous idea!

Sara (Belly Rumbles) (@bellyrumbles) May 18, 2012 at 5:48 pm

What an easy to whip up dish! Hommus never lasts long in our household, and I do make it. Love the flavours you have used, sounds delicious.

frugalfeeding May 18, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I am too, I like the combination with prawns – it works SO well. This hummus looks great – I love adding flavours like this to hummus.

Courtney May 19, 2012 at 12:44 am

This sounds fantastic, Martyna! I love chili and lime together, too – so I can’t wait to try it.

Sissi May 19, 2012 at 3:43 am

I love hummus but have never made it on my own and limes and chili are permanently in my fridge (I love both), so I’m sure I would love this hot and tangy version.

Just A Smidgen May 19, 2012 at 7:47 am

What a great change from the every day hummus recipes we see.. it must be so fresh with the addition of lime!

TasteFood May 19, 2012 at 8:32 am

I adore hummus and the flavors you have added — I will be making this soon!

Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide May 19, 2012 at 9:37 am

Now that’s just pretty! Sounds wonderful.

Yasmeen @ Wandering Spice May 20, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Now this is fusion cuisine! Love it, Martyna, beautiful work.

Nami | Just One Cookbook May 23, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Hmmm this looks delicious! I still have a lot of thai chili left. And we have a long weekend with BBQ party. I will have to make this! Can’t wait to try it!

Potato and Bean Pâté « From the Hobbit Hole Kitchen May 24, 2012 at 12:39 pm

[…] Thai Chilli and Lime Hommus (wholesomecook.wordpress.com) […]

Lilly (@lillyslife) May 29, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Oh this looks delicious – I am going to try it this weekend for a party.

Haloumi Salad with Pomegranate and Cherries | An Engagement and Plans for 2013 | Wholesome Cook January 7, 2013 at 11:03 am

[…] cherries give this Haloumi and Pomegranate salad a fresh summery twist. Served on base of chilli and coriander hommus and drizzled with a good squeeze of lemon juice, it’s a great dish to share with your loved […]

WIN a KitchenAid Artisan Deluxe Hand Blender valued at $249 | Wholesome Cook June 7, 2013 at 2:19 pm

[…] dips like hommus […]

Pumpkin and Coconut Dip | Plus 5 Other Homemade Dip Ideas | Wholesome Cook August 15, 2013 at 8:38 pm

[…] Chilli and Lime Hommus […]