An almost-instant salad made with the goodness and convenience of hot-smoked salmon portions and quick-cook organic soba (buckwheat) noodles.
I don’t know about you, but for me sometimes the simplest of dishes make for the most enjoyable meals. This Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad is no exception…
It might not look like much, but if you like Asian-inspired flavours, you will most likely fall in love this salad at first bite… And, if like Mr Chipconnoisseur you are not that into salmon; barbecue chicken, roasted duck, seared or even canned tuna would work as well.
While soba noodles are made from buckwheat they also contain wheat flour and are therefore not gluten-free. For a gluten-free version, use rice noodles and tamari (instead of soy sauce).
Now, because it uses the convenience of hot-smoked salmon portions, it can be made literally in less then 10 minutes and is a great way to get some good fats into your diet. Personally, it’s one of my favourite lunches to have when I’m busy working in the kitchen, because it requires very little effort and space, yet tastes fantastic… It has that salty-sweet flavour combination that I find so highly addictive.
So, tell me, what healthy convenience foods can’t you live without?
Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad
For the Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad:
- 90 g (1 stick) organic soba noodles
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1/4 avocado peeled and cubed
- 100 g portion hot-smoked salmon shredded
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
To make the Smoked Salmon and Soba Noodle Salad:
- Cook soba noodles in boiling water according to packet instructions, generally about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running water.
- Drizzle sesame oil over the noodles and toss to prevent them from sticking.
- Place half the soba noodles on a platter. Top with half the cucumber, avocado and hot-smoked salmon pieces.
- Top with remaining noodles and arrange leftover cucumber, avocado and salmon.
- Drizzle the salad with soy sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Subscribe to receive Recipes to your Inbox: