With mango season in full swing, I guarantee you will want to make this for breakfast, snacks and dessert over and over again. Share it, Pin it or Print it!
I love mango season; it heralds the arrival of summer, days spent outdoors and at the beach. It’s a quintessentially summer fruit and I was only happy to get a full tray of Calypso mangoes delivered to my door the other day.
The delivery man commented on how beautiful they were so I gave him a couple to take home – sharing the love, right? He was very grateful and I still had plenty to go around.
Needless to say, I knew exactly how I would have the first few: in this quick and easy Weisbar-ish Pie. I call it a pie because each mouthful tastes like a bite of a creamy, juicy and sweet pie, thanks to the generous sprinkling of hemp seeds which are a complete source of protein and good fats.
If you are not familiar with Weis Bars, it’s an ice cream bar that combines an ice mango layer with an ice cream layer on the bottom. It’s a treat, but this little number is fab to have for brekky, dessert, afternoon tea or even to make as a share platter when friends pop over.
The recipe, is quite simple – only 3 ingredients but it is one I’ll be making over and over again this season, and I hope you’ll give it a go, too!
The Easiest 2 Minute Mango Pie
- 1 cup natural Greek yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt)
- 1 fresh mango
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds*
- Spread yoghurt on a large serving plate (dinner plate).
- Cut the mango cheeks off as close to the seed as possible. Score the flesh in a grid and using a spoon, scoop out the flesh onto the yoghurt layer. Chop the sides off the remaining mango, peel off the skin and cube the remaining pieces. Pop onto the yoghurt.
- Sprinkle the lot with hemp seeds and enjoy.
- Note: if serving in a bowl, simply cut the mango first and top with yoghurt and hemp seeds - mix a little before eating_