These are lovely, I absolutely love the real banana aroma of these moist muffins that fills the house when baking. Ready in 25. And they freeze well making them lunchbox friendly!
Mia’s last molars are coming through which has seen her temp soar to 40C – I’ve been to the doctor’s twice just to be sure – so with a bit of panadol / nurofen she is “back” and we we will just be chilling at home today.
It’s 10am and instead of working and daycare we’re having a pajama day, pottering around the kitchen…
Work can wait, she needs my cuddles.
And muffins apparently. She told me.
This post is short and sweet, because she’s snoozing (it’s 3pm now) and it’s all I had time for.
But the house smells AMAZING! Make sure to pin this one!
The Best Banana Muffins Ever
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 egg beaten slightly
- 60 g butter melted (or see note above for dairy-free version)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds optional
- 2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 180C (375F). Line 10 muffin tray holes with muffin liners.
- Mash bananas in a bowl. Add sugar, egg and melted butter. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix to a sticky batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin liners and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven onto a wire rack and cool completely before serving.