Who doesn’t love a decadent chocolate dessert? I don’t know either… This avocado tart is a must-try recipe for chocolate lovers.
But I am sure you will love this chocolate and avocado tart! Made with @whittakersnz creamy milk chocolate, New Zealand avocados @nz_avocado_au and sweetened with @manawahoneynz 100 MGO Mānuka honey.
Pair it with a New Zealand Pinot Noir such as @spyvalleywines or if you are looking for a non-alcoholic alternative try @oku_nz herbal tea.
Can you use avocado in a dessert?
Yes, you definitely can use avocado in a dessert. Did you know that avocados are actually fruit? Their creamy texture and mellow nutty flavour go well in desserts. From smoothies to ice pops and yes, especially when combined with chocolate! Avocados make a decadent filling for tarts!
You can even use this filling recipe for frosting…
About New Zealand Produce
I absolutely love new Zealand’s produce and the strong connection between the producers and the land – kaitiakitanga, to protect the environment now and for future generations. It is a relationship founded on care and respect. This avocado tart is definitely a great example of a recipe created with love and care. To find out more head to @discovernew.nz
This is a sponsored post.
📸 UGC | Photographer | Stylist | Author 👩👧Mum.
Recipes + Products + Client work
✉️ DM for Collabs | 👇 More content via link
NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE AVOCADO TART
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds
- 3/4 cup peeled hazelnuts
- 12 Medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 3 tbsp Dutch cocoa powder
- 250 g Whittakers Creamy Milk Chocolate melted
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 5 tbsp Dutch cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup Manawa Honey 100 MGO Manuka Honey
- pinch salt
- fresh berries
- edible flowers optional
- In a foodprocessor, blitz together the nuts until they reach a coarse crumb texture. Addchopped dates and cocoa. Blend until mix reaches a sticky consistency. Line thebase of a 26cm fluted baking tin (with removable base) with a round of bakingpaper and press the base mix into the base and sides, making sure the crust onthe sides is at least 5mm thick. Place in the freezer.
- Add all filling ingredients into food processor and blend until smoothand creamy. Pour filling over the base and smooth the top. Freeze or refrigerateuntil filling has set, about 1 hour in the freezer or 4 hours in the fridge. Removetart from tin.
- Decorate withfresh berries and edible flowers, if using.