15 Minute Smokey BBQ Chilli Con Carne Wraps
This recipe is super simple and uses a few shortcuts to get dinner on the table quicker mid-week. I absolutely love the convenience of using baked beans and Chris’ Festivale Corn, Chilli and Lime Dip. You can find a recipe for a homemade taco spice mix in my first cookbook, The Wholesome Cook.
Servings: 8 tortillas
For the Smokey BBQ Chilli Con Carne
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion diced finely
- 2 teaspoons Mexican taco spice mix (for homemade see my first book)
- 1 can can kidney beans strained, 400g
- 1 can can baked beans 200g
- 2 cups passata
- 6 large tortilla wraps
- 1 container Chris’ Festivale Corn Chilli and Lime Dip, 170g
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt to serve
- 1 avocado
- coriander leaves to serve
- extra chilli flakes optional, to serve
Preheat your barbecue flat plate or the grilling pan over the grill on high with the hood on for 2 minutes. Add mince, cover the hood and cook for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan set over high heat and add onion. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Stir through spices, beans and passata. Return to a gentle simmer.
Break up the mince on the bbq with a spatula and stir to brown all sides – the meat doesn’t have to be cooked through as it will finish cooking in the saucepan. When mostly browned, transfer the mince to the saucepan and stir well. Simmer for a further 2 minutes then turn off the heat.
Place tortillas on the hot bbq for a minute or so just to warm them.
Serve each warm tortilla topped with a good dollop of the spicy corn dip, chilli con carne, Greek yoghurt, a few slices of avocado and coriander leaves. Sprinkle with extra chilli if you wish.