Baked John Dory with Lemon Caper Dressing
I was smitten by the simple way of preparing fish in Italy and France. Baked whole or as fillets then dressed simply in own juices with olive oil, lemon juice and capers. Perfection.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus 2-3 extra to serve
- 2 John Dory fillets with skin on
- 2 teaspoons capers in brine
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- freshly ground black pepper
- handful per serve watercress or other salad greens
Grease an oven-proof dish or skillet with olive oil and place fish, skin side down, on top. Bake for 10 minutes (you will need to a little longer for thicker fillets).
Remove from oven and transfer to serving plates. Add extra olive oil, lemon juice and capers to the pan and mix well. Drizzle over the fish and season with pepper.
Serve with a mixed green salad or watercress.