Zucchini and Broccoli Soup | 20 Soup Recipes for All Seasons
A tasty green vege soup that can be made ahead of time and frozen for convenience. Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, sundried tomatoes or croutons, if you prefer.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time18 mins
- 1 tbsp peanut oil or olive oil
- 1 brown onion peeled and sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 red long chilli seeds removed and sliced
- 2 zucchinis sliced
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 head of broccoli florets only
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkling of ground coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp diced sundried tomatoes
- 1 sprig spring onion sliced
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli and cook for a minute, stirring, until fragrant.
Add zuccchini, celery and herbs. Cook for another minute or until zucchini is slightly softened.
Add stock and broccoli florets. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and blend using a stick blender or transfer into a jug blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immedieately, topped with a spoonful of Greek yoghurt, some diced sundried tomatoes and sliced spring onions.