Vegetable Confetti Toasties
Use 1/2 to 1 cup of finely chopped veggies per slice of bread, I like sourdough - use whatever bread you prefer. Lebanese flatbread or wraps can also be used with about 1-2 cups of veg to a wrap. As for cheese, cheddar and mozzarella are great, you can add some shredded cheese under the veggies to help them "stick" to the bread as well. Swirl on your favourite sauce and you're ready to serve - or pop cooled toasties in lunchboxes!
Servings: 1 person
- 2 slices bread of your choice (or 1 English muffin, 1 flatbread)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (see note above)
- 1-2 cups finely chopped vegetables (such as: tomato, asparagus, cucumber, Spanish onion, capsicum, mushrooms, leftover roasted veg, etc)
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1-2 slices prosciutto or ham (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb mix
Preheat oven grill to medium high (160C).
Top each bread piece or wrap with quarter of the cheese then layer up with chopped vegetables and prosciutto or ham, if using. Sprinkle each slice with remaining cheese and herbs.
Grill for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve the melts warm drizzled with sauce of your choice.