Quinoa Nachos with Pico de Gallo
These Quinoa Nachos with Pico de Gallo are a great starter, main meal or a salad lunch. You can make the quinoa and salsa a couple of days ahead. Feel free to add other fresh veggies to the mix: cucumber, raw zucchini, blanched green beans or tinned red kidney beans.
For the Quinoa Nachos:
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen soya beans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened corn kernels
- 1/2 red capsicum diced
For the Pico de Gallo:
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 leaves sprig coriander chopped finely, half theset aside for garnish
- 1/4 fresh jalapeno chilli finley chopped, (omit or add more to tatse)
- 1 tbsp extra light olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- organic unflavoured corn chips
To make the Quinoa Nachos:
Rinse quinoa thoroughly under cold running water. Transfer to a small saucepan and add the water. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the grains are tender. In the last 5 minutes of cooking add frozen soya beans. Drain both over a sieve and set aside to cool.
Transfer cooled quinoa into a large bowl. Add corn kernels and capsicum. Prepare your pico de gallo.