Wholesome Cereal Cookies
We used Be Natural's 5 grain flakes and nut cereal to make our cookies. Regular corn flakes or wholegrain flakes would also work. In addition, our cookies were also dairy-free and low sugar too, but feel free to use butter and double the sugar amount.
For the Wholesome Cereal Cookies:
- 125 g butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unrefined sugar such as demerara
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour sifted
- 2 tbsp milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups granola, grain and nut flakes or other low sugar cereal
- non-dairy dark chocolate melted, to drizzle optional
To make the Wholesome Cereal Cookies:
Using an electric mixer, cream margarine and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.
Add flour and mix on low-speed until just combined.
Add milk and stir until dough comes together.
Using a wooden spoon, stir in cereal.
Roll about 1/8 cupfuls of mixture into balls.
Place on a non-stick baking paper lined tray, allowing enough room for spreading.
Flatten balls slightly with a fork.
To bake the Wholesome Cereal Cookies:
Place tray in a preheated oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
(Optional: melt dark chocolate in a microwave and drizzle over cooled cookies. Allow to set.)