Dinnerdate Panzanella Salad
Oil with Persian feta crumbs may sound like a confusing ingredient, but it is simply the oil leftover from marinated Persian feta. Keep it to dress salads or smear over breadrolls before toasting. The oil will impart a wonderful flavour into the bread.
For the Panzanella Salad:
- 220 g baby bocconcini cheese balls drained and cut in half
- 2 ripe large truss tomatoes diced
- 8 cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 4 slices cucumber diced finely
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp French dressing
For the bread:
- 6 inch baguette or Vietnamese bread roll
- Oil with Persian feta crumbs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander stems
- salt and pepper
To make the bread:
Slice bread rolls then cut across in half.
Baste with feta oil and cook under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the bread is just starting to turn golden but is still soft in the middle.
Arrange grilled bread on your pserving plate, top with diced salad and sprinkle generously with chopped coriander stem.
Season with salt and pepper if you like.