Creamy Cashew Masala Chai Ice pops
Masala combines a number of warming and grounding spices like cardamom, cloves, pepper, cinnamon and star anise which can assist in digestion, stress relief and overall well-being. Their warming properties mean that this flavour is perfect for when you're craving a cooler treat in late autumn or winter. The creaminess of soaked cashews lends itself well to icy treats that become wonderfully creamy.
Servings: 6 ice pops
- 1.5 cups cashews soaked in filtered water for 2 hours
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned variety)
- 3 tablespoons honey or rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon chai mix for homemade see below
Chai Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoons ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon finely ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon finely ground cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground star anise
Drain cashews. Place them in a blender.
Place coconut milk, honey or rice syrup and chai spice mix in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Heat, whisking, until smooth, aromatic, do not boil. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
Add the spiced coconut milk into the blender and process on medium high with the cashews until the mixture is smooth. Divide the mixture into ice pop moulds and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.