Chocolate honeycomb martini

Pin on Pinterest Share on Facebook0 Tweet about this on Twitter0 Google+ Email to someone

Time for another martini, I say. This time, a delicious chocolate one that can be served instead of dessert! Rich, creamy and decadently moorish with a hint of hazelnut from the Frangelico.

I first tried this tasty concoction while filling in for a bartender at a friend’s 30th a good few years ago. Everyone loved it so much that we kept getting requests for it for the rest of the night and, even though I’m not a big sweet tooth, it has remained one of my favourite cocktails since.

Now, if you are even less of a sweet tooth than me, you might want to add 1/4 cup of milk to the mix to dilute and soften the flavours lightly, but it’s not entirely necessary as long as the drink is chilled well.

Makes 2

Chocolate honeycomb martini

• 60ml Baileys
  • 30ml butterscotch schnapps
  • 30ml of Frangelico
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup crushed ice
  • Crushed choc covered honeycomb to serve

Place all liqueurs and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 15 seconds
to blend and chill. Add milk and shake again to combine. Strain into chilled martini glasses.

Serve with a crushed honeycomb topping.

Tip: Add another 1/4 cup of milk to the drink if it’s too rich or strong.

Like this post?  Comment or share it via Email, Facebook, Twitter and more using buttons above the comment box.

Comments:

12 Responses to Chocolate honeycomb martini

Wow what a lovely drink, I think I know now what to serve to my wife this evening 🙂

2. alyce says:

This looks amazing. What great flavors.

3. cookthestory says:

This looks almost too pretty to drink. Don’t worry. I’ll get over it and slurp away!

I’ve never heard of chocolate-covered honeycomb. Is it generally available? If not, where’s the best bet for finding it? Thanks!

• 🙂 In Australia we have two choc-covered honeycomb bars: Crunchie and Violet Crumble. You could try your local candy store (where you buy lollies by weight) or a British Lolly store. Otherwise just melt some milk chocolate and dip your uncovered honeycomb confection, refrigerate then crush…

4. xoxo says:

oh my gosh!!! lovely presentation!! nice & simple!

5. LaVero says:

i adore Baileys… and this drink is such lovely!!

6. Sydney Jones says:

OOOOO, yummy! This looks great!! Happy Valentine’s Day

7. Spencer says:

Chocolate and Martini, my wife would be very happy!

1. Pingback: Chocolate honeycomb martini – For Melanie | Finding the Light in the Darkness