{5 ingredient} Grilled turkey and peach salad

Pin on Pinterest276 Share on Facebook0 Tweet about this on Twitter0 Google+ Email to someone

Summer isn’t summer without stonefruit and barbecueing. So, when it came to entertaining a few friends recently, I had decided to combine my love of both peaches and grilling into a simple but delicious 5 ingredient salad.

Tossed together in no time, it’s the entertainer’s delight and proves that turkey is not just a Thanksgiving and Christmas bird. Ingham turkey, the brand I was prvoded with to use for this recipe, is available all year round. And what’s great about the breast steaks is that the meat is already sliced to a nice, even grilling thickness and, unlike chicken breast meat which can quickly dry out, it remains deliciously moist and sweet once cooked.

Now, I served the salad as a side dish, but this could just as easily make a satisfying main on a hot summer’s evening. Or a breezy addition to a traditional Aussie barbie on Australia Day next week. That’s my tip, alongside a few others from last year.

Serves 4-6

{Grilled 5 ingredient} Turkey and peach salad

Feel free to use a simple olive oil and lemon juice vinaigrette instead of the sweet chilli sauce if you prefer. Ingham fresh turkey breast steaks come already pre-sliced to an even thickness.

For the salad:

• 400g Ingham Turkey breast steaks, pre-sliced to about 2cm thick
  • 4 peaches, ripe but with firm flesh
  • 1 baby cos lettuce, washed
  • 1 tbsp salt-reduced grill spice mix

• 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce

Preheat: barbecue // electric // stove top grill pan to medium hot.

To make the salad: cut turkey into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle over with the grilling spices. Cut peaches in halves, remove stone then cut the halves into quarters. Wash and dry lettuce leaves, shred or cut into manageable pieces. Arrange in a serving bowl.

Grill peach wedges for about 30 seconds on each side then remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.

Grill turkey pieces for about 2 minutes on each side, allowing them to rest under a lid or aluminum foil for a further 3 minutes before arranging in the serving bowl.

To serve: arrange lettuce in a serving bowl, spread grilled peach wedges and turkey meat evenly around and drizzle with some sweet chilli sauce or a simple lemon vinaigrette.

Comments:

19 Responses to {5 ingredient} Grilled turkey and peach salad

1. Timothy R says:

Wow! Great summer recipe and so simple too.

2. Anne S says:

Such beautiful photos and I’m going to make this for Auatralia Day. Just need to find some of those steaks.

3. Maureen says:

Wow.. the yank in me loves turkey and I haven’t had any since our big Thanksgiving dinner in Queensland. :) This looks so yummy. I wouldn’t change a thing!

4. Oh, my, when I first read your post, I thought you were reminiscing (because we have snow, snow, snow) then I realized you really can grill!! Lucky you, perfectly grilled peaches too!

5. You have to go and rub it in because you are in a warm and sunny climate….???? LOL I love grilled peaches and I bet with the thai sweet chili sauce it is nice.

6. Martyna, I forgot to mention I nominated you for an award. Check out http://bamskitchen.com/2012/01/18/time-for-reflection-xian-nian-kuai-le/ when you get a minute. Take Care, BAM

7. Oh those peaches are making me jealous!

8. Perfect summer dish! The colour is so inviting and grilled peaches are divine!

9. Lovely 5 ingredient combo and so perfect for summer. Now we just need the sun!

I really need to come back and look at your recipes during our summer. You’re making me crave warmth and yummy grilled food!

I love the flavour combination of this salad, though it has only 5 ingredients it covered everything from sweet, tangy, spicy and savoury

12. Sissi says:

This salad looks like a perfect illustration of Summer! Peaches are one of my favourites fruits and sometimes I wonder what I miss more fresh peaches or strawberries… Only a couple of months to wait!

13. What a gorgeous summer salad!!! I’ve never had grilled peaches….I’ll have to change that now as they look fabulous.

14. Bethany says:

Wow this looks amazing – I didn’t even know you could get Turkey Steaks. Perfect because they are so healthy!

15. The grilled turkey looks superb. And I wouldn’t be able to eat the peaches, because I’m allergic, but I can definitely substitute another fruit in this recipe. This looks wonderful

16. The sweet chili sauce at the end is very tempting. I love that suff! It’s very easy to make and healthy. I love this main-dish like salad. Your post reminded me that I wanted to buy a beautiful blue plate like yours. Beautiful pictures as always!

17. Oh man.. I really love fruits in my salads. I recently had a grilled peach with prosciutto, mozzarella and rocket salad and devoured it. I can imagine this would be awesome as well. Love it! Thanks for sharing, so simple and fresh!