5 Ingredients or less Asian inspired Australian Dessert / Sweets Entertaining Gluten free Kids' meals Morning / Afternoon tea Quick and easy Recipes Summer Vegetarian

Mango and Yoghurt Ice Pops

This Mango and Yoghurt Ice Pops recipe is a family favourite! Use coconut yoghurt for a dairy-free version.

Eventhough we’ve had an extra day of Summer this year, 2012 being a leap year and all, the weather hasn’t been very kind to us. It’s been rainy and sometimes outright cold… until about last week when it finally warmed up for a day and started to pour again.

Nevertheless, the little rays of sunshine we were blessed with yesterday and a few more peeking through the clouds today have reminded me to make the most of the season’s mangoes. Considering our pot luck with the weather, and the inevitable end to the plentiful supply of ripe, juicy mangoes as the seasons change, mango and yoghurt ice pops sounded like the right idea.

Healthier than their ice cream counterparts they are low in fat and have no added sugar. To spice them up a little, I have added some coconut milk and ground cinnamon.

For more wholefood ice cream and ice pop recipes, check out my brand new cookbook, The Wholesome Cook, available in stores and online in Australia and New Zealand. See here for stockists or to order your own signed copy.

wholesome cook book

Mango and yoghurt ice blocks
Mango and yoghurt ice pops
You could use coconut yoghurt for a dairy-free version if you prefer. For a sweeter rendition, add some honey, natvia or rice syrup to the mixture.
    Servings Prep Time
      • 2 cups Greek style natural yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
      • 2 large ripe mangoes flesh only
      • 165 ml (small can) coconut milk
      • 1 tsp cinnamon
      Servings:
      To make the Ice Pops:
      1. Place all ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth.
      2. Pour into your ice pop moulds, stick a paddle pop stick in and freeze for at least 3 hours, or until set.
      Recipe Notes

Recipe at Wholesome Cook

Healthy Florentines

Fish “Tacos” with a Fridge Surprise Slaw | Some News and an Update

Pumpkin and Coconut Dip | Plus 5 Other Homemade Dip Ideas

Chanel March 7, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Delicious! Such a great tasting combination, and it looks gorgeous too. I’ve got a set of ice block moulds that I haven’t taken out of the box yet. You’ve inspired me! 😀

trialsinfood March 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Looks yummy! I would love a few of those even though it’s cold here.

Rufus' Food and Spirits Guide March 7, 2012 at 1:40 pm

So simple! They look beautiful and tasty.

saffronandhoney March 7, 2012 at 2:33 pm

These look fantastic! I am bookmarking this for the summer!

Joanne March 7, 2012 at 3:44 pm

These look AMAZING! Mango is in my top 3 favorite fruits for sure, and this preparation looks oh-so-refreshing! Delicious, Martyna!

The Sundress Chef March 7, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Looks so refreshing – I’ll have to remember this idea 🙂

frugalfeeding March 7, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Wow! These must be so refreshing and delicious. I do love mango 😀

whilehewasout March 7, 2012 at 10:50 pm

What a nice presentation!

Courtney March 8, 2012 at 4:07 am

Oh, a breath of summer in a pop. Yum. I really wish we didn’t have snow right now, or this would be perfect.

Sissi March 8, 2012 at 5:51 am

There is nothing better than a healthy, flavoursome and beautiful dessert. Your ice pops are just perfect for a hot Summer day.

aleena March 8, 2012 at 8:27 am

yummy this looks so good.

Jennifer (Delicieux) March 8, 2012 at 9:20 am

Yum, these looks so healthy and delicious! Perfect for those hot days.

essentjewels March 8, 2012 at 10:57 am

Oh, how delicious do those look?! I cannot wait for summer and to give those a try.

We love your blog and are going to follow you.
      Check us out at essentjewels.com and essentjewels.wordpress.com. You may enjoy some of our jewelry!

Chopinand @ ChopinandMysaucepan March 8, 2012 at 11:42 am

Dear Martyna,

Your ice pops looks refreshingly delicious. Although the lime leaves have beautiful flavours, they are one of the most expensive ingredients around 🙁

Wholesome Cook March 8, 2012 at 11:47 am

I should have probably mentioned they came from my friend’s kaffir lime tree…

Erika March 8, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I am horribly allergic to coconut but I love love mango. Any suggestions on what could substitute?

Wholesome Cook March 8, 2012 at 2:00 pm

You coud add some honey and pure cream instead, probably 2 tbsp honey plus make up the volume with cream.

filingawaycupcakes March 8, 2012 at 1:12 pm

These are lovely and I LOVE mango!

Maureen March 8, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I want to make these. I’ve got all the ingredients – I made yoghurt yesterday and I have frozen mango cheeks. I love frozen pops! Tough to type while eating one but I manage. 🙂

sara (Belly Rumbles) March 8, 2012 at 2:12 pm

They sound delicious, love the addition of the coconut milk.

Anna @ the shady pine March 8, 2012 at 7:49 pm

These look gorgeous….I woul love to bring out a platter of them at party on a hot day out on he deck!

Bam's Kitchen March 9, 2012 at 8:23 pm

How refreshing sitting out on the deck with cool wind on your face and a cold lolly. Life is good.

rsmacaalay March 11, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I so badly need one of those, its so hot and humid from where I am right now

Rosie's Fairy Tale » » Mango and yoghurt ice pops on wholesomecook.wordpress.com March 26, 2012 at 10:40 pm

[…] and recipe on wholesomecook […]

Greek TV presenter gets splatted with yoghurt live on air « This Day – One Day April 8, 2012 at 6:58 pm

[…] Mango and yoghurt ice pops (wholesomecook.wordpress.com) […]

Katie May 11, 2012 at 3:48 am

do you recommend a specific ice pop mold?

Martyna @ Wholesome Cook May 11, 2012 at 5:57 am

Hi Katie, no as you can see from the photos they work with many types of moulds. Just go with what you have or your personal preference.

Summer Food Inspiration: Homemade Ice-cream « Karboojeh ♥ Handmade June 5, 2012 at 12:18 am

[…] wholesomecook.wordpress.com via Karboojeh on […]

Make Merry: Meet Me for a Picnic? | The Fete Blog June 13, 2012 at 4:54 am

[…] Cocktail | Blueberry Vodka Lemonade Appetizer | Prosciutto & Melon Entrée | Chicken Asparagus Wrap Dessert | Mango Yogurt Ice Pops […]

Fresh Mango Dumplings – Two Ways | Wholesome Cook February 6, 2014 at 9:27 am

[…] love adding fresh mango flesh to salads, curries, yoghurt – even make mango and yoghurt ice pops with them, pancakes akin to those ones found at Chinese yum cha and, more recently, dumplings. Now […]

Recipe roundup - Ice blocks - Bloggers Club January 20, 2015 at 7:01 am

[…] This recipe combines fresh mango with yoghurt and coconut milk for a yummy tropical flavoured ice block. Find the recipe here. […]

Lag disse hjemme! 25 ispinner som smelter på tunga! - Kreative Idéer May 11, 2015 at 3:18 am

[…] Kilde: Wholesome Cook […]

13+ Healthier Ice Cream and Ice Pop Recipes | Wholesome Cook October 2, 2015 at 12:02 pm

[…] A summer fave! It’s been doing the rounds on Instagram, sadly not always credited to the source… but here it is simple, sugar-free mangoes and yoghurt (including a dairy-free version) from the archives here. […]

Marvellous Mangoes. - FarmGate Online November 19, 2017 at 7:59 pm

[…] I adapted this recipe from the Wholesome Cook’s recipe [see link here]. […]

HELEN Khoo April 4, 2018 at 7:27 pm

Can I use fresh coconut milk instead of the can ones?

Martyna @ Wholesome Cook April 10, 2018 at 7:45 pm