So the cat’s out of the bag… We are expecting a new addition to the Wholesome Cook clan! The little one is due in October and I must say we are all very excited. Aside from not feeling hungry for the first few weeks, I haven’t really had any crazy cravings – do they come later?
Crispy Skin Salmon with Buckwheat Salad
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 300 g (2) salmon fillets with skin on
- 4 tablespoons macadamia oil or olive oil, plus extra to serve
- large handful rocket
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons feta, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place buckwheat in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5-7 minutes or until buckwheat is tender. Drain over a sieve and leave aside to cool slightly.
- Pat dry salmon fillets and remove any scales. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small frying pan set over medium-high heat for a minute. Place salmon fillets, skin-side down, into the pan and cook for 2 minutes before reducing the heat to medium. Cook for a further 2 minutes, then turn over and cook for 4-5 minute, or until cooked through.
- To serve, divide the buckwehat, rocket and tomatoes between two bowls, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Top with feta, if using, and salmon, skin side up and season with pepper. .
- Divide slaw between two serving plates. Top with salmon and serve.