If you love your spaghetti and meatballs, but hate washing up all the pots and pans afterwards, this meal is for you.
All you need to cook this one pot wonder is a pan! And I bet you the kids will want to help too. The basic mince mixture recipe ensures that the meatballs will be soft and juicy. You can also save time by making it in advance, add the following ingredients and freeze the lot.
One Pot Wonder: Spaghetti Meatballs
This dish is great for a weeknight meal because it's quick to make, especially if you prep your meatballs beforehand, and leaves little washing up behind. You can use beef or poultry instead of pork also.
- 1 serving of Basic mince mixture
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup angel hair spaghetti broken up
- 1/2 cup tomato based pasta sauce
- Place basic mince mixture, parsley and herbs in a large bowl and mix in well. Form meatballs.
- Heat oil in a frypan, add meatballs and fry on each side until browned.
- Add stock or water and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add broken up spaghetti to the pan and simmer for another 3-4 minutes or so. Pour in the pasta sauce, stir and allow to heat through.
Tried this recipe?Mention @wholesomecook or tag #wholesomecook
[…] One Pot Wonder: Spaghetti Meatballs […]