We’ve come across many a styles of this chorizo and potato dish in our culinary adventures across the Sydney tapas scene, and now we have a favourite recipe to make at home, too.
Spicy, smokey and a breeze to make.
It’s great as a side dish at barbecues, as an alternative to the supermarket bought potato salad, or eaten as a meal in itself with some fresh tomatoes on the side.
Tapas-style Chorizo and Potato Salad with Spicy Salsa
For the Chorizo and Potato salad with Spicy Salsa:
- 1 chorizo sliced on the diagonal
- 2 medium potatoes cooked and cooled
- 1 tbsp smoky paprika
- 1/4 cup medium salsa
- Dice potatoes into medium cubes. Heat a small fry pan and add chorizo slices. Cook until lightly charred. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add cubed potatoes and cook until crisp on each side. Sprinkle with paprika and toss to cover. Add chorizo to warm through and mix.
- Serve with lashings of salsa and some extra on the side.