Roasted Pumpkin Yoghurt and Pinenut Pizza
Roasted Pumpkin Yoghurt and Pinenuts make this pizza a delicious winter flavour combination.
Last Friday night we had pizza night. I didn’t bother making my own base, because I was busy, so we used a store-bought thin and crispy base instead and went half/half with the toppings.
Mr Chipconnoisseur’s half was quasi-Italian with mozarella, salami, ham, fresh tomato, oregano and olives, while I decided to make mine mostly vegetarian and cheese free. A quick search of the fridge revealed a perfect combination of flavours: a tub of Country Valley’s award-winning Lush natural yoghurt, some butternut squash, pinenuts and of course coriander, which I cannot live without. Oh, and lots of chilli flakes.
The following recipe is more of a flavour suggestion, that will depend on the size of your pizza base and how much topping you like. Feel free to add some mozarella to the mix as well.
- 2 (1cm thick) slices of butternut squash // or pumpkin
- chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small pizza bases // or 1 large pizza base
- 4 tbsp natural (or Greek) yoghurt
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 sprigs coriander, leaves only
- extra chilli flakes to taste
- (2 tbsp grated mozarella cheese)
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C, 425F, gas mark 7)
- Peel and cut pumpkin into bite-sized pieces.
- Place in a bowl and toss with the olive oil and chilli flakes.
- Spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast in the oven for about 7 minutes.
- Prepare your pizza bases: spread yoghurt right to the edge of the base (and top with mozarella cheese if using).
- Arrange roasted pumpkin pieces around the pizza, sprinkle over some pinenuts and coriander leaves.
- Add chilli flakes or your preferred spice blend.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the pizza crust has turned lightly golden.