Perfect for anything from cookies, cakes through ham glazes and lattes. Save, or better yet, make a batch and store in a tupperware container in the pantry. It will come in handy!
It’s no secret I love to make my own spice mixes – they are cheaper this way, you can adjust the spice level to your liking and, of course, there is no other stuff added to them.
I’ve recently made a delicious salad herb mix which I will share with you soon, but first, it’s the Festive Gingerbread Spice Mix I bet you will love!
Perfect for anything from cookies, cakes through ham glazes and lattes.
Mia is growing up way too fast, now helping me in the kitchen more often than not.
Stirring, measuring, spreading and loving most foods still (yup, she is a sauerkraut-head). We used this spice mix to make Gingerbread Cookies for Teachers Gifts at her daycare.
I’ll pop the recipe for the cookies on the blog tomorrow.
Gingerbread Spice Mix
- 5 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp ½cloves
- 1 tsp ½cardamon seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds cilantro
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp star anise seeds star pods discarded
- Place all powdered spices in a small bowl.
- Place all other whole spices and seeds into a coffee grinder or a mortar and pestle and work until they become powdery.
- Combine with the remaining spice powders, mix and voila! Your home made gingerbread spice mix is ready!