These 5 ingredient Salmon Burger Patties are gluten, dairy and egg free. They taste fantastic and don’t they just look stunning? Summer in a bun!
Today I am thrilled to be guest posting on Ang Sarap (a Tagalog Word for Delicious). I came across Raymund’s blog over a year ago and have been coming back ever since. I really enjoy reading Raymund’s introductions to each dish – a little history, some trivia and a lot of passion! I also find that his blog has a great mixture of classic recipes and those from his homeland, the Philippines.
As an expat (I’m Polish) living in a foreign land (Australia) I can relate to curing the occasional bout of homesickness with the food I grew up with. However, what I wanted to showcase to Ang Sarap readers is my simple approach to cooking tasty, allergy-friendly food.
And so, while a few of the actual burger ensemble ingredients may contain gluten, dairy or eggs, they can be easily substituted for allergen-free versions that suit your particular needs.
So let’s see… bun – use gluten free breadroll or 2 slices of bread; yoghurt – try soy yoghurt; sesame seeds – buy plain buns; eggs – well, most buns are made without eggs so you should be safe.
I am also extremely excited to confirm that My Whole Food Philosophy will be launching on the blog on Monday. There is a great giveaway planned for the launch and for a limited time, the e-cookbook will be available for free. So sign up now to receive the good news to your inbox come Monday.
5 Ingredient Salmon Burger Patties (Guest Post on Ang Sarap)
For the Salmon Burger Patties:
- 320 g skinless salmon fillet cubed
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 2 tbsp oliveoil for frying
For the Caper Yoghurt Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tsp wasabi paste, or more to taste
- 2 burger buns
- a few lettuce leaves
- 1/4 avocado, mashed
- 4 slices cucumber
To make the Salmon Burger Patties:
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a coarse paste forms.
- Using a pair of kicthen gloves, remove the mixture from the processor and form 2 patties.
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium high heat.
- Add patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
In the meatime, prepare the Caper Yoghurt Dressing:
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. That's it.
- Cut open your burger buns. Spread dressing over the bottom half of each bun.
- Add lettuce, top with mashed avocado, salmon burger patties and sliced cucumber.
- Top with the other bun half and enjoy!