Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough | Vegan DF GF

Pin on Pinterest2.9kShare on Facebook168Share on Yummly17Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Google+1Tweet about this on Twitter

Oh Em Gee: This simple Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough is sooo good! A great all-natural and low sugar treat for kids. Eat raw or bake into biscuits. Vegan and gluten-free. What more could you want?

Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough

Last Friday was the last day of September (spring) school holidays, so to bid the holidays a proper farewell we ended up having a house full of kids for an all-day play date. The boys did their usual boy-stuff; climbed trees, rode skateboards and scooters and attempted to stay, generally-speaking, pretty cool. After a short play outside, the girls set their mind on baking.

Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough

It was 30°C outside and their cheeks were as red as cherries from chasing the boys, but that did not seem to bother them. It also did not bother them that there were games to be played, craft to be made, puzzles to be put together. They insisted.

Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough

And so, skipping ropes, games and Squinkies aside, we quickly made some homemade slushies to cool off and whipped up a batch of these rather indulgent-sounding Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookies! Since it was hot we didn’t bake them until the next day, and to be honest, I loved the cookie dough version a lot better.

“So, what’s in them?”, asked the hungry T-Rex.

Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough

All things coconut to start: coconut flour (thanks V for getting some for me from Melbourne), a smidgen of coconut sugar, organic coconut cream and extra virgin coconut oil. There are sea salt flakes, all-natural 100% smooth peanut butter, chopped dark vegan chocolate with goji berries (Loving Earth 62% Raw Cacao Goji & Camu Camu) and last but not least quinoa flakes. Having said that, coconut sugar and vegan chocolate can be subbed by using dark brown sugar and regular dark choc chips.

“Yum”, he exclaimed, “I’m going vegan!”. And so the play continued into the late afternoon.

Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough

Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
This chunky Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough is a great all-natural and low sugar treat for kids. Eat raw or bake into biscuits. Coconut sugar and vegan chocolate can be subbed by using dark brown sugar and regular dark choc chips. Gluten-free Dairy-free and Vegan.
Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Servings
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Servings
Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
  1. Scoop 1/8 cup of dough and split that in half. Form balls and place on a serving plate.Serve with a glass of (your choice of) milk.
To bake:
  1. Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced, 400F, gas mark 6)
  2. Flatten previously prepared dough balls slightly and place on a baking paper lined tray.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes or until the cookies are starting to turn golden.
  4. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
To store:
  1. Store Cookie Dough and Biscuits separately in an airtight container in the pantry
POWERED BY: WP ULTIMATE RECIPE

Subscribe to receive Recipes to your Inbox:

Comments:

30 Responses to Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough | Vegan DF GF

1. Maria Sanchez says:

How good is this??? T-rex approved too haha – if he likes them, it must be goood.

2. Anne S says:

I am so making this… thanks for the great low sugar snacking idea.

3. Kerry Anne says:

Wow! These look great. I’ve been looking for a no-bake snack like this (without dried fruit) but all the others tend to have dates, or bananas in them. Thank you so much for this recipe.

4. Oh.My.Gawd! This looks awesome! My boys will love this. They love sweet foods but the sugar is just too much for them normally – their behaviour changes terribly.

5. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef says:

These sound really good. I’ve never eaten anything like this but I want to!

6. Yummm!! Is coconut milk similar to coconut cream?? I don’t think I’ve seen cream.. but our tins of milk are quite thick? Wonderful and healthy all at once.. esp for a t-rex who has turned vegan:D Love it!! xx

• Hi Barb, of course you can use coconut milk. I used organic coconut cream as it has no additives and higher coconut extract content, so when buying the milk look for high coconut extract content in the ingredients as they tend to vary as well. Enjoy xo

7. Dinosaur-approved; they must be good! I love the idea of eating them raw, rolled into balls. 🙂

8. Minxie says:

How lucky are those kids to have you make such beautiful treats. Any chance of sharing the slushie recipe with us?

9. And so my love affair with all things coconut continues…OH EM GEE indeed!

10. Rebekah says:

Oh my gosh, I just made these after seeing them on foodgawker earlier today. I ate 4 before I even finished rolling them and the kids have requested extras to be made for the lunch box on Monday. Thank you so much for this idea. Have a great weekend,

11. Hehe I wondered what the knobbly white thing in the bottom left of the picture was. Turns out that it was a dinosaur! 😛

12. Sissi says:

I love the idea of raw or baked edible versions in one cookie dough. They look delicious (both raw and baked 😉 ).

13. Hm, interesting! I have never ate cookie dough before in my life! I heard about it but I actually never paid close attention till now. I usually love crunchy or crispy texture for food so I thought I’d love the cookies to be baked. However, I do love to try your cookie dough for the first time! And of course I want them to be baked to crispy/crunchy like one in your photo!

14. Vijitha says:

This is interesting. I recently baked a quinoa chocolate cake for my friend’s birthday and loved the texture. Infact I reduced the sugar and used apple sauce. I am exploring more baking options with quinoa and glad that I stumbled upon your blog. Delicious post and such gorgeous pictures.

15. Oooooh these look SO good! Love the idea of them raw. Love coconut flour. Yum.
    Heidi xo

16. Tessa says:

I love quinoa and would never have thought of including it in a cookie! Brilliant! And btw… cool T-rex!

17. Hanna says:

I’m going to make some of these today for school lunches next week. Love the idea of raw or bake so I am going to do both as well. So cool!

18. Lauren says:

Hi Martyna,
    I just found you through Foodgawker. These cookies look amazing! Such a unique recipe! I think it’s one my daughter will enjoy. Thank you, and I can’t wait to check out your other recipes! 🙂

19. Oh Martyna these cookies look so good. I love the uncooked version, they look like gorgeous little truffles. I really need to get my hands on some coconut flour.

20. M says:

Martyna, you are my hero! These are amazing… I used Chia seeds instead of Quinoa (because I didn’t have any Quinoa in the pantry) and that worked too.

This is the first time I see Quinoa in a cookie, another great creation

22. Oh these sound brilliantly decadent and somehow healthy 😉

23. Wendy says:

what could you sub for the coconut cream?

1. Pingback: 8 Different Ways with Quinoa « The Femme Files

2. Pingback: Quinoa Sushi Rolls plus 5 Other Cool Quinoa Recipes | Wholesome Cook

3. Pingback: Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookies | Machita75's Recipes

4. Pingback: 11 Healthy Game Day Food Ideas | Wholesome Cook